Thursday, September 17, 2009

Spoonerisms: Helper *cough* Cats

Rilakkuma bus pass holder! I was at Kinokuniya today to get stuff for packages for two different swaps, both this month's $10 Amigurumi swap and for a Kawaii/Zakka ("cute"/an untranslatable term for objects that are generally utilitarian and aesthetically pleasing and somehow comfortably familiar) swap. I got a couple things in the Aisle of Unbearable Cuteness, including, for myself, a Rilakkuma badge card holder. I had been meaning to get one so I could tether my TAP card to my bag, but I was just going to get one of those cheap-o clear plastic jobs. This is way cooler.

Monster Hunter Portable kitties This time I also ventured into territory I generally try to avoid: the manga zone. Actually, the zone encompasses about the middle 1/3 of the store these days, but anyway. They had a few turning displays with all those weird collectibles, those little trinkets where you don't know which one you're getting until you open the package. Most were anime-related, but I don't know crap about most of those series. There were random cute things, and then.... there was a display with these Siamese cats wearing battle outfits. They were seriously cute. I had to get some of their mystery charms for no obvious reason. Now, I didn't know what the hell "Monster Hunter Portable" was, but cute is cute. I got 3, although it looks like there 12 varieties. I really want the chick (?) with attitude, shown on the right-hand side of this picture. When I got home, I did a little research. Apparently the PlayStation Portable game Monster Hunter Portable 2G features cat helpers for your player. I watched a bit on YouTube. I have no idea whether they're helpful within the context of the game, but I couldn't help thinking that in my experience, "helper cat" is an oxymoron.

No comments:

Labels!