Saturday, September 12, 2009

Spoonerisms: Closer... Closer... Ok, Stop!

Thursday I managed to get Dipity to come within 6" of Spoon voluntarily, using a trail of kitty treats. That ended when he leaned over to try to sniff her head and she hissed and stepped back. He looked all sad and left.

Today I got her even closer, within about 3". That ended when they were both leaning down to eat their respective treats and their ears brushed, and Dipity hissed and drew back. We do seem to be making progress, even if it is in very small increments. She does still growl or even hiss when she sees him, but the close encounters are going well. He never growls and he'll even usually back away and leave when she openly hisses at him when he's less than a couple feet away. I hope she gets the message that she's in charge. Particularly since I'm tired of having her litter box closed in my room. She usually makes stinky around 4 in the morning.

Anyway, I need to get some more treats tomorrow. I'm almost out.

No comments:

Labels!