- Indonesia, with the world's largest Muslim population, has added women-only train cars so ladies can travel free from unwanted male attention, which apparently gets disgustingly physical on a regular basis, if they so choose. God forbid their male Muslim counterparts be asked to behave like polite gentlemen instead.
- This kitty in Ireland decided to ride the rails, ending up in Dublin miles from home. The DART staff used CCTV to figure out where she got on, then used Twitter to try to find the owner, who was reunited with his cat. Not only did they not cite the cat for not paying her fare, they gave her her own pass!
- 80% of incidents in NYC with cars hitting and thereby injuring or killing pedestrians have male drivers behind the wheel. Screw segregating train cars by gender. Let's put the dumbass male drivers who can't be bothered to pay attention to anyone else on their own infrastructure and let them hit each other.
- The Tokyo subway system has featured some incredible posters over the years. Oddly, they seem to be particularly obsessed with people leaving their umbrellas on the train.
For those who've seen My Neighbor Totoro, doesn't this kitty look like a soot sprite? With ears and a tail?
see more Lolcats and funny pictures
Regular WTF Installment:
- Philadelphia now requires any residents who make money from their blog to buy a license for $50/year or a flat $300 for a lifetime license. Even if you only make, say, $5/year. And in addition to income tax you pay.
- There's now a Bible MMORPG. Seriously. "Use your smite spell! Smite those Philistines!" Now, come on, you know you've always wanted to say that.
- Must have... nuke Canada... t-shirt... (Corollary: Must not... enter Canada.... wearing nuke Canada.... t-shirt)
- I'd considered before getting a Theremin to play with, but this settles it.