Sunday, August 23, 2009

Spoonerisms: Well, That Didn't Last Long

Spoon has figured out how to get out of the harness by using any pull on the leash to back out of the thing. I guess the collar-less action works for dogs because they don't have those mushy-shoulder joints.

Meanwhile, Dipity is still scared of Spoon, but we spent awhile swapping places yesterday. She has a hidy place between the end of the sofa and the bookcase that she seems to feel pretty safe in. Maybe a little too safe -- I realized yesterday evening she'd been there a few hours, so I picked her up and took her back to the bedroom for some food and water. She may have really liked it or she may have been afraid to leave, I'm not sure. Anyway, I'm going to push the integration because it's getting hot here again, and there's no air conditioning in the bedroom, so it gets really uncomfortable there in the day. I'm just going to have to keep a close eye and, if necessary, a squirt bottle on Spoon. I know he's a good kitty, but he just gets so excited.

No comments:

Labels!