Thursday, August 6, 2009

Spoonerisms: Cool as the Fonz

Super Cutie Stray! Kitty is still here. Yesterday I notified the Pasadena Humane Society (they handle local animal control for Glendale), put an ad on craigslist, and put up fliers around a 1-2 block radius. As long as you can show you made a good faith effort to find the owner, you can take over ownership rights in 30 days. Which means in 28 more days, she'd be mine! (I'm already hers.)

But I'm still trying not to get my hopes up. I haven't actually given her a name, for one thing. Once a cat has snuggled you in the middle of the night, though, well, it's hard not to get attached. I just have a feeling, though, and maybe it's wishful thinking, that it will work out. For one thing I didn't see any fliers out for a lost cat while I was putting up mine. Considering that she spent so long in my building's courtyard, I doubt she had gone far from where she was lost (or dumped).

Anyway, Spoon is being cool-as-a-cucumber about the whole thing. He's been so good. He hasn't been scratching or whining at the door, even when I'm in there, although he does still watch it. A lot. Last night when I opened the door to come out, kitty raced past me and about 1-2' from Spoon, she let out that low hiss and he turned and ran away. Seriously. But she didn't go into a defensive posture or puff up or anything, and Spoon didn't seem overly freaked-out, just kind of... spastically accommodating. You know, Spoon-like. She could totally own him, and probably already does even if she doesn't know it yet.

No comments:

Labels!