Thursday, January 15, 2009

Knittin' Crap: WIP ADD*

ps1If you've ever bothered to scroll all the way down my sidebar, you'll see that I have a lot of projects in various stages of completion. (This doesn't even count the number I have queued but haven't started.) Believe it or not, I normally really do make at least a little progress on each of them every month. I just need, um, lots of variety. And I have a weird system for choosing when which project gets started, which I won't describe here, or probably anywhere.1 For over a month, though, I was going overtime on all the Xmas presents I was making.2 I didn't finish them all: my mother got a half-finished sweater that is now close to being finished3 I've finished two others4 but still need to get them to the recipients. In addition to my mother's sweater, I still have to finish one more small gift. I should be able to get those both done this 3-day weekend.5

bwbag Anyway, I have finally been able to start working my own stuff into the mix again. In the past week, in addition to the penguin scarf, I finished an experimental bag (left) that had been sitting around waiting for the lining to get sewn in6. And, for the first time in over 6 months, I managed to get a sweater done!
obback
A couple other WIPs are pretty close to completion, too. I'm going to shrink that list! So I can start more stuff!


* Works In Progress Attention-Deficit Disorder
1 The method probably qualifies for its own TLA.7
2 I never made the conscious "I will make all my Christmas presents this year as some kind of anti-commercial, economic, or nostalgic statement." I just saw a lot of patterns that made me think, "Oh, so-and-so would like that."
3 I'm sewing the seams. I hate sewing seams.
4 The penguin scarf is one of them. Don't tell Colleen!
5 Because I have no life.
6 Sewing is not my strong point. At least if you expect the seams to be straight... -ish
7 Three-Letter Acronym

No comments:

Labels!