Saturday, February 28, 2009

Pandora's Litter Box: Babelfish Fun Part, um, 5?

Ok, you know the routine by now. English -> Japanese -> English.
In: Spoon is my chunky monkey.
Out: The spoon my ones is the monkey which the [tsu] rear end is done.
In: Spoon is Mr Chubby Butt.
Halfway: スプーンは氏であるChubby Butt。
Out: As for the spoon Chubby Butt which is the person.
I decided to go through and try some of these with another online translation tool. The first promising one google found was a site called World Lingo.
In: Spoon is a chunky monkey.
Out: The spoon is the monkey which the [tsu] rear end is done.
Um, apparently they're using the same backend as babelfish.

Here's another one.
In: Spoon is my chunky monkey.
Out: spoon is my chunk Monkey.
Wow.
In: Spoon is Mr Chubby Butt.
Halfway: 匕 is ミスター 太った Butt.
Out: spoon is mister [ plump Butt.
Well, huh.
In: Pandora's Litter Box
Halfway: Pandora's 輿 Box
Out: Pandora's palanquin Box
Um, I think I'm going to click my own WTF button there.
In: fuzzy kitty
Out: fuzzy [ kitten
Ok, one more.
In: crosswalk rage
Out: crosswise anger
Well, ok, babelfish may be more entertainingly stupid, but for the most part this other site is a close second, in addition to being actually useful on occasion.

No comments:

Labels!