Saturday, February 14, 2009

Knittin' Crap: Cardigan of the Damned, Part II

hellcardi-fixed
Can you find the join?
I managed to fix the panel I messed up and am rather pleased. The last three repeats on the repaired side are a little bunched along the picked-up edge, but blocking should make that less obvious. The backside of the area is ugly, but most people won't see it. To the untrained eye, it shouldn't be at all obvious that some weird voodoo took place. It's a little larger than would be ideal, but it will be fine.

All well and good, right? The curse has reared its ugly head again. I got out the sleeves to set them in, and one is clearly longer than the other. I'm not going to speculate why or how in a public forum, because I'd sound like a lunatic if I hypothesized that the curse had clearly warped the space-time continuum around one of the sleeves. At any rate, I'm reknitting one of them. Fortunately it's a short-sleeved sweater.

Seriously, what next?

No comments:

Labels!