Friday, April 3, 2009

Other: Star Trek II: The Wrath of Bun

The 30-Second Bunnies Theatre version of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan is out. I'm sad to say I'm rather disappointed, though.

I've been a big fan of the 30-Second Bunnies for years. There are some classic gems, but there are also some movies which don't have the kind of iconic scenes which lend well to the encapsulation. However, Star Trek II most definitely does not have that deficiency, so I was a little surprised when the Bunnies' version seemed to miss almost every single key scene and quote. The one unavoidable moment, Kirk's response when Khan has left him "buried alive... buried alive.... buried alive..." is present, but, dude, that is the weakest "KHAAAAAAAAHHHHHNNN!" ever. You'd think he'd maybe stepped on Kirk's big toe rather than stolen a WMD.

Yes, I freely admit I've seen this movie dozens of times, so I'm prone to severe bias, but there are other Bunnies adaptations of favorite movies of mine which delighted me, like Star Wars and Alien. Here I see only all the lost potential, and that makes me a sad pandora, er, panda. sniff

No comments:

Labels!