Thursday, December 11, 2008

Other: Dentist Pain, No Drill Involved!

I made a long-overdue dentist appointment last week for yesterday afternoon. As they didn't have anything early in the morning or late in the day until January, I had to make it for mid-afternoon and leave work early. When I got to the dentist office yesterday:
Receptionist: Oh, we called you 45 minutes ago. [After I'd already left for the appointment.] The dentist you made the appointment with no longer accepts your insurance. But you can make another appointment with a dentist in this office who does!
Me: Um, I left work early and came all this way. No one can see me now?
Receptionist: No. [Gets out appointment book.] When would you like to come in?
Me: Um, why don't I get back to you on that.
Like I'm going to patronize an office with staff so incompetent they've already wasted my time once? I gave them the insurance info last week and they waited until 45 minutes before the appointment to figure out that they didn't know which dentist took which insurance plan?

No comments:

Labels!