Friday, April 16, 2010

News: All in Fun

I've found a bunch of funny and cute things over the past few days and thought I'd make a warm'n'fuzzy news round-up.

Toaster & Waffles Wallpaper 1280x800 • First off, what killed me about this WooWork story about a waffle fire was the flying toaster screensaver homage. I had totally forgotten about it! That last Mac(Plus maybe?) I had in college as a desktop, that was the screensaver. But on my MacBook Pro, there are no airborne toasters to be found! But then I watched the post's making-of video. He used "stunt waffles!"

• XKCD nailed geek pain:


• Yes, the Library of Congress is going to keep an archive of every tweet ever sent on Twitter. (Ok, that's not very warm or fuzzy, is it? Sorry.) Well, to put it in a positive light, there's got to be at least one tweet with more literary value than anything Dan Brown ever wrote. Not saying much, is it?


• My new motto:
funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

• Why haven't we found aliens yet, after years of scanning the skies? Why, because they're all too busy playing video games to try to contact us! If they only knew what a great game World of Warcraft is, they'd be here in a heartbeat! (Um, only a little sarcasm there, honestly. Seriously. Well, not really.)


funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures
• Crap, now I'm going to be wondering what the hell Spoon is chattering about at 3 in the morning.

• You probably don't want to click this link. (This is what a product marketed by Paris Hilton for pre-pubescent girls would look like, I swear.)



• This must be where the Man-Eating Cow went when she retired from battling The Tick! (She was my favorite character...)

"Mark Fiore can win a Pulitzer Prize, but he can’t get his iPhone cartoon app past Apple’s satire police"

1 comment:

Fluzz said...

Okay, that *thing* for females is....wrong oh so wrong! Good grief, we spend enough time complaining that it's a bit nipply we don't need plastic inserts!

EVERY Tweet? EVER? Surely there are better uses for that much memory? Surely? Please?

Labels!