Saturday, July 12, 2008

Metro Journal: July 11 Good Jujubes!

This morning was much cooler than it had been recently, so I walked the 1/4 mile to the 780 stop. I was all psyched because I would be there just at the right time. Then I got there and realized I had left my purse at home. So I walked the 1/4 mile back to get my purse. My timing was totally off for all the short-cut buses, though, so I walk the 1/4 back to the stop. I was a block away when I saw the 780 go by. Then I had to wait 25 minutes for the next one. I mentioned that they're supposed to run every 15 minutes, right? So by this time I was totally running late, and I was pretty cranky.

The man in the motorized wheelchair from the previous day was apparently also running late, because he was at the Broadway & Brand stop again. And again, most people at the front cleared out, but they did the left side again, which is not the side he liked. There was one woman left on the right side, talking on her cell phone. As soon as someone asked her to move, though, she immediately got up, put the seats up, and found another seat, all without skipping a beat on her phone call. 15 seconds max, and she didn't act at all put out.

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. It just wasn't that guy with the white beard the day before.


The evening 780s were also apparently not aware of the 15-minute rule. Anyway, when I was about to get off the one that finally showed, a young man asked me how long before the bus got to Pasadena City College. I had to guess, and probably guessed low at 20 minutes. He said that was ok. I told him it was the last stop for this bus. "Will they tell us that instead of turning around?"

I told him I was pretty sure they would kick him off at that point.

No comments:

Labels!