Monday, July 11, 2011

Spoonerisms: More of Me To Love, Baby

18 Pounds of Lovin' Spoon has been sneezing intermittently, so I took his fat ass to the vet Friday. When the assistant put him on the scale, I was in for the shock: he now tops the scales at over 18 pounds. He'd been hovering south of 17 pounds last time he'd been there. I didn't realize he'd... grown... so much.

He is now on a diet. Right now we're trying the "get the skinny cat to dine at the all-you-can-eat buffet on top of the fridge" method, but Dipity isn't taking to that too well. I have to pick her up and put her up there, and then she'll generally look to jump down before eating anything unless the downstairs food dish has been empty long enough. I even moved their ceramic dish, which makes a satisfying noise when you put the food in, up there, but maybe I'll have to start putting surprises in there, like kid's cereal.

Anyway... now I know why the fat Spoon mushes the sofa cushions...

P.S. The vet said the sneezing may be due to allergies. I forgot to ask if cats can get seasonal hay fever the way humans can.

No comments:

Labels!