Sunday, July 18, 2010

Knittin' Crap: Adventures in Tour de France KAL

As a tie-in with the Tour de France, a group on Ravelry had a knit-a-long tie-in. I don't actually watch, well, any sports, at least not on purpose, but I enjoyed the Ravelympics challenge, and even though I have far less time for such pursuits, I got a spot on Team HTC-Columbia. (I really like my HTC phone.)

I had also told my friend Steve that I would make some things for his steampunk film Adventures in Science.

So... I decided combining the two would be a good plan. I found a shawl pattern that could both pass for Victorian and also satisfied the whole Tour-de-French theme, as it was originally written in French! (Fortunately someone had done an English translation, as while I took 5 years of French in school, I haven't really used it since then and I don't know French knitting terminology.)

And, with two days to spare, I finished!

Tour de France KAL

ETA: I seemed to be quite mistaken about when the Tour ends. Not until the 25th.

No comments:

Labels!